>>> Today I’m linking up with Amanda from Running with Spoons for Thinking Out Loud Thursday.
1. Sweet potatoes and fried eggs are one of my favorite combinations right now. Yesterday I microwaved a sweet potato for a couple of minutes, chopped it up, stir-fried it in a pan with coconut oil (heated on medium), added salt & pepper, oregano, onion & garlic powder, and cooked through until soft. Then I added two fried eggs on top. Talk about a perfect breakfast!
2. I am loving dance fitness workouts. The time flies by and it honestly doesn’t even feel like I’m working out. Last night I did videos from ClubFITz and Dance Fitness with Jessica through the YouTube channel on Roku.
3. Have any of my fellow graphic designers heard of Sketch? I keep hearing about how it’s a better alternative to the Adobe Creative Suite and at only $99, I’m definitely interested. I downloaded the free trial, but haven’t gotten a chance to really play around with it yet. I’d love to hear your experience with it and how it compares to Illustrator.
4. Since Waves has gotten a little tv crazy lately, I’m trying out the tv token idea that I saw over on A Healthy Slice of Life. I put four tokens on the fridge each morning and she has blown through them all by lunch time haha. But, once they are gone she doesn’t get upset. I was really worried there would be a freak out, but nope.. she just goes on and plays with her toys. It’s really working for us so far and seems like a great solution.
>>> I made up a quick set of printable tv tokens that feature characters like Doc McStuffins, Dora, Octonauts, Peppa, etc. to use for Wave’s tv time. If you want to use them too you can download the PDF right here.
5. I shared this on the blog’s Facebook page, but wanted to put it here too because it’s such a great resource: a list of 50 free workout videos/channels. There’s all kinds of great workouts here including yoga, pilates, hiit, etc. I’ve been working out at home after Waves goes to bed so I will definitely be trying some of these out soon.
Hope you all have a great day!