Lunch Time! Spicy Eggplant

I was inspired by this spicy eggplant recipe while looking for something to make for dinner last night. I was a lil’ lazy though and made it even easier by using a pre-made sauce. It’s loaded with sodium so try not to add to much or just make your own.

All I did was cube two small eggplants and fry them in some olive oil along with garlic for about 8 minutes. I added bean sprouts and 1/3 cup of the sauce around the last minute or so of cooking just to heat it all up. It turned out great and very spicy which I love. I served it with some quinoa and it was really good.

I had so much leftover that I packed it for lunch today and it was wonderful!

What’s your favorite eggplant recipe?

10 Comments on Lunch Time! Spicy Eggplant

1. Priyanka
    May 2, 2011 at 8:51 pm (3 years ago)

An Indian dish called baingan bharta is my favorite eggplant recipe! This spicy eggplant looks good too.

• Anastasia
      May 2, 2011 at 8:54 pm (3 years ago)

I just looked it up and it sounds amazing! It looks really easy too.. I’ll have to try it sometime.

2. Athina
    May 2, 2011 at 11:28 pm (3 years ago)

YUM!
    I love baking eggplant slices with chilli and then putting them in a wrap with lots of salad – delcious!

• Anastasia
      May 3, 2011 at 7:26 am (3 years ago)

I bet that’s really good! I’ve been eating a lot of wraps lately but never thought to put eggplant in one. I will have to do that pronto! :]

3. Chrissy (The New Me)
    May 3, 2011 at 9:31 am (3 years ago)

This looks delicious, and so easy! I’m looking forward to your little lunch time series. Too often I default to PB&J. :)

• Anastasia
      May 3, 2011 at 4:42 pm (3 years ago)

It’s very easy! I always pack pb & j too so I’m trying to do this to break away and try different things. We’ll see how it goes :]

4. Heather @ kissmybroccoli
    May 4, 2011 at 12:19 am (3 years ago)

Mmm! I love eggplant grilled with a marinade of honey, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil! Deeeeelicious!

• Anastasia
      May 5, 2011 at 7:38 am (3 years ago)

Yum! That sounds really good!

5. Ania
    May 5, 2011 at 3:27 am (3 years ago)

that looks good! to be honest, I’m not the biggest fan of eggplant, but I do add it to some meals. My favorite must be ratatouille – what’s better than a bunch of veggies cooked together? :)

• Anastasia
      May 5, 2011 at 7:39 am (3 years ago)

I hadn’t even tried eggplant until a little over a year ago. Crazy, huh? I kept buying them but then had no idea what to do with them!

I’ve never tried ratatouille, but it sounds really good. I need to make it sometime!