Lunch Time! Spicy Eggplant

I was inspired by this spicy eggplant recipe while looking for something to make for dinner last night. I was a lil’ lazy though and made it even easier by using a pre-made sauce. It’s loaded with sodium so try not to add to much or just make your own.

All I did was cube two small eggplants and fry them in some olive oil along with garlic for about 8 minutes. I added bean sprouts and 1/3 cup of the sauce around the last minute or so of cooking just to heat it all up. It turned out great and very spicy which I love. I served it with some quinoa and it was really good.

I had so much leftover that I packed it for lunch today and it was wonderful!

What’s your favorite eggplant recipe?

10 Responses to Lunch Time! Spicy Eggplant

1. Priyanka says:

An Indian dish called baingan bharta is my favorite eggplant recipe! This spicy eggplant looks good too.

• Anastasia says:

I just looked it up and it sounds amazing! It looks really easy too.. I’ll have to try it sometime.

2. Athina says:

YUM!
    I love baking eggplant slices with chilli and then putting them in a wrap with lots of salad – delcious!

• Anastasia says:

I bet that’s really good! I’ve been eating a lot of wraps lately but never thought to put eggplant in one. I will have to do that pronto! :]

3. This looks delicious, and so easy! I’m looking forward to your little lunch time series. Too often I default to PB&J. :)

• Anastasia says:

It’s very easy! I always pack pb & j too so I’m trying to do this to break away and try different things. We’ll see how it goes :]

4. Mmm! I love eggplant grilled with a marinade of honey, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil! Deeeeelicious!

5. Ania says:

that looks good! to be honest, I’m not the biggest fan of eggplant, but I do add it to some meals. My favorite must be ratatouille – what’s better than a bunch of veggies cooked together? :)

• Anastasia says:

I hadn’t even tried eggplant until a little over a year ago. Crazy, huh? I kept buying them but then had no idea what to do with them!

I’ve never tried ratatouille, but it sounds really good. I need to make it sometime!