October flew by and now begins the holiday season. I love it because it means spending time with family that I rarely get to see. Thanksgiving and Christmas are always a bit tricky because we go visit Greg’s family and then have to visit my dad and then my mom. It’s always nice to see siblings from my dad’s side that I rarely get to hang out with. He’s currently on his seventh marriage so there’s usually a brother or sister in the mix somewhere that I haven’t seen in a long time. The holidays are an interesting time around here for sure.
It’s easy for me to get caught up in the excitement and skip workouts here are there because things are often so busy around this time. I also tend to start eating more once it gets colder outside and then I’ve got a step mom who makes some mean mashed potatoes (add a tub of sour cream, pack of shredded cheese, and stick of butter to your mashed potatoes and bake). They’re incredible and I never pass ‘em up and always go back for seconds so I need to make sure and stay movin’ so I don’t do too much damage.
Classes I’d like to take:
Monday: strength or yoga
Wednesday: power (total body strength class – exactly like Body Pump)
Friday: strength or yoga
Saturday: spin or yoga
This isn’t set in stone and most weeks I take two days off to rest, but I like to have a plan laid out to make things easier. Some days I just don’t feel like going to the gym so I’ll do a dvd or something instead.
I’ve been logging all my workouts over at Daily Mile where you can see all my workouts. Add me on Daily Mile if you’re on there too!
Some other goals I have:
- Take Pepper to the dog park every morning. I started doing this last month and it’s really helping him socialize and relax around other dogs.
- Make my own water kefir using this tutorial.
- Make dog treats for Pepper. I just think this would be fun to do! If you know a good treat recipe let me know!
- Take a yoga class two times a week. I always slack on this and really need to start stretching more.
- Socialize more. I’m a total homebody and on the shy side and I’ve been trying really hard to break away from that. I will get out there, visit new places, and meet new people!
That’s all I’ve got for this month. I hope the month of November is amazing for you. What are some of your goals for the month?Goals | Tags: Goals | 14 comments