What I Ate Wednesday

Yesterday morning started with my usual: one egg and one egg white sprinkled with nutritional yeast inside a piece of toasted pita bread. I’ve been having pretty much the same exact breakfast for months now and it still hasn’t gotten old.

Since I’ve cut way back on caffeine I have amassed quite the tea collection. Sometimes I will just have hot water with lemon in the mornings but if not, I always go for this tea. There’s something refreshing about starting the mornings with something warm and lemony.

I get up at 7:30 and make breakfast for Greg and will eat mine while his is cooking (we both have eggs & toast/pita every morning). I normally get hungry again around 9 and almost always have an apple with almond butter.

This is a result of me breaking my French press a couple of months back. I had a bag of decaf coffee in the pantry that I had used to gradually shift away from regular coffee and decided to use the last of it up. I put a mesh strainer with a paper towel full of grounds on top of my mug and poured hot water over it slowly. It didn’t taste as good as using the press, but it worked.

For lunch I made Errign’s fried rice recipe. I have been having this for lunch almost daily because it’s just that good. It’s crazy how simple it is too. I add frozen mixed veggies to mine and at first I thought the green beans would be weird in there, but they’re actually really good.

Around an hour later I had a small salad that consisted of field greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado, sunflower seeds, dulse flakes, and Italian dressing.

For dinner I made red curry soup with rice and kale from the Post Punk Kitchen. I made a couple of substitutions and it still turned out wonderful. I swapped the rice with quinoa and used regular curry powder instead of red curry paste. I love this soup (and every recipe I’ve tried on the site) and love that it makes a ton so I can eat leftovers for a couple of days.

I ended the night with this and a mug of peppermint tea and it was awesome.

It’s been a little quiet around here lately and that is mostly due to the amazing weather we’ve been having (seriously, 70° the past few days) and that I just don’t have much to say. My workouts have been consistent and I eat similar foods daily so I don’t want things to get too boring by sharing the same thing over and over again. If you would enjoy daily recaps I will start doing that. If there’s anything else you’d be interested in reading about, have any other suggestions, or enjoy things the way they are let me know!

If you do the Thanksgiving thing, I hope it is wonderful and full of awesome food!

24 Responses to What I Ate Wednesday

1. It has been waaaaay too long since I’ve had fried rice. I need to remedy this situation… after Thanksgiving, of course. :) Happy WIAW

2. GoSisterGo says:

Definitely going to have to try that fried rice recipe. Looks great! Where do you get your nutritional yeast?

3. Jessica says:

Looks like a day of good eats!

4. all of your meals look so good! I love your field greens salad and the soup :)

5. Ann says:

Love your food diaries. I refer to them whenever I’m stuck on what to eat!

• Anastasia says:

Thanks! That’s awesome :] Have you tried this soup recipe before? I’ve posted it quite a few times since I make it so often.

Also, I have to say that your illustrations are so incredible. I just can’t get over how great they are!

6. jenna k says:

the first time i made fried rice, i was so shocked at how easy it is! something so tasty seems like it would be hard to make.
    good to hear that you subbed curry powder in the soup. i’ve been wanting to make that soup ever since you first posted about it, but my budget doesn’t have room for random spices right now, haha.
    happy thanksgiving!

• Anastasia says:

I don’t know why I thought it’d be more difficult than it was. It’s all I have been eating lately because it’s just so easy and delicious.

I never really wanna pay $3 for a tiny jar of curry paste and the powder tastes great so I don’t see the need. I hope you had an awesome Thanksgiving and good luck with finishing up school!

7. Errign says:

yay fried rice! :)

Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!

• Anastasia says:

You have no idea how many times I’ve made fried rice since you posted about it. It’s embarrassing, really. I had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I hope yours was great as well!

8. Amie says:

That fried rice looks amazing! For sure need to try it out. I’m obsessed with the purely decadent cookie dough..yumm!

• Anastasia says:

Yes! I was obsessed with the cookie dough flavor as well for the longest time. I went to the store once and they were out of it so I tried the brownie one and now I’m addicted to it. They make the best ice cream.

9. agreed- i eat an over easy egg in a pita pocket with nooch and hot sauce almost every morning. I LOVE IT!

10. Aley says:

I find it difficult to stay on track and not over indulge in junk. So far I’ve been doing okay and I now have some inspiration. Thanks : )

xoxo aley

11. Kristie says:

Congrats on the baby :) I just found your blog! I am vegan but have started a pretty good workout regime and these dishes look delicious!! I will definitely have to try them out. I found your site from googling how many calories burned during the Jillian Michaels dvds. We are around the same build so it’s a good start. Thanks!

• Anastasia says:

Thank you! :] It’s great when you finally get into a good routine with workout out. I’ve been making recipes from theppk.com a lot lately and every single one has turned out awesome. She has a couple of cookbooks too that are pretty great if you haven’t checked them out already.