5 Pinterest Recipes I’m Loving

There are so many recipes I pin on Pinterest and then never make. I’ve been working my way through my food/recipe board and here are some of the best so far:

chai coffee cake

1. » Coconut Chai Coffee Cake. I saw this on Pinterest and made it that same day. If it has the word chai in it, I have to make it because I know that I’m gonna love it. If you’re not wanting to make an entire coffee cake, try out these chai spice snickerdoodles. They are incredible!

2. » Avocado ranch dressing. 1 large avocado, 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1 teaspoon hot sauce, 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, 2 garlic cloves, 3/4 teaspoon salt

cheesy baked sweet potatoes

3. » Sweet Potato Skins. I made these for dinner one night and loved them. You can lighten them up a bit by using the light sour cream and cheese listed, but I just used regular since I think it tastes better. You could also use Greek yogurt in place of the sour cream which would add some protein too.

I set aside some of the filling before I added salt and mixed it with full fat Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream) for Waves. She really enjoyed it, so this is an excellent meal for toddlers as well.

4. » Roasted Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quesadillas. These are seriously delicious. I used the Trader Joe’s canned refried black beans for this one. The author has her own recipe for them though if you want to make your own.

spicy roasted chickpeas

5. » Spicy Oven Roasted Chickpeas. These are awesome on salads!

What’s the best recipe you’ve found on Pinterest?

6 Comments on 5 Pinterest Recipes I’m Loving

1. Runner Girl Eats
    September 26, 2013 at 10:55 am (10 months ago)

Everything on this post has me drooling! I make roasted chick peas with greek seasoning to snack on during movie marathons :)

• Anastasia
      September 26, 2013 at 8:32 pm (10 months ago)

Haha, I know what you mean. I was editing the photo of the potato skins and getting super hungry.

That sounds really good! I’ll have to try out some different roasted chickpea recipes here soon. Do you use a pre-made seasoning mix?

2. Louise
    September 26, 2013 at 10:59 am (10 months ago)

Yum! All of these look amazing, especially that cake. I love Pinterest for recipes :)

• Anastasia
      September 26, 2013 at 8:30 pm (10 months ago)

Man, that coffee cake was awesome. It wasn’t really that difficult to make either. I’ve really been loving Pinterest for recipes here lately and have a ton I want to make soon.

3. Ashlee@HisnHers
    September 26, 2013 at 1:08 pm (10 months ago)

I’m glad you posted this because I’ve tried some Pinterest recipes that were huge flops. It’s good to KNOW its a good before spending time on it!

• Anastasia
      September 26, 2013 at 8:29 pm (10 months ago)

Yeah, I’ve tried a couple that didn’t turn out very well. I always check the comments of blogs to see if it turned out right, but most commenters haven’t actually made it so I never know how it’s going to be.