I did this treadmill workout (the photo has a picture of a booty that you can barely see, but still. heads up as it may be nsfw.) yesterday and it was killer. I definitely used the lowest incline and speed listed for each time while holding onto the handles quite a few times. It was an intesnse, short workout and afterwards I made a big smoothie with all that stuff up there.
I’ve never been one for protein powders or bars, but while doing Insanity I bought this hemp protein powder (affiliate link) so I could make smoothies after the workouts since it was stressed so much. You have to add four tablespoons of powder to get 15g of protein which seems like a ton to me, but at least it’s not gritty and I can’t really taste it. I got a sample of this vanilla chai powder (affiliate link) and it is so incredibly good, but too expensive so I’m sticking with the hemp powder for now but am wanting to try some flavored ones in the future.
We all went to the zoo on Sunday and got to get up close with a giraffe. It was really awesome even though Waves was like “the heck is going on?” haha. Greg bought her a little stuffed giraffe that she’s been carrying around since and hugging on so I think she likes them. :]
· Milla Jovovich talks about her beauty routine. I just love her. Did you know she released an album in 1994 and appeared on Conan as a music guest? She still posts music on her site sometimes too.
· Read about Anthony Bourdain’s summer vacation. It’s impossible for me to not read this in his voice.
· Learn how to make your own vanilla hazelnut creamer.
· I love reading anything having to do with conspiracies and the unexplained. So of course I really enjoyed this article about the real mystery of the chapel where The Da Vinci Code was set.
· 15 things you should give up in order to be happy aren’t easy things to do, but worth working towards.
· The Kitchn shares how to freeze cookie dough. That would be perfect for me since I can easily eat an entire pan of these chocolate chip cookies from PPK. Now I can just bake a couple at a time.
· never homemaker did a series on vegetarian freezer meals that is extremely helpful. This vegan lasagna looks wonderful and would be perfect to have on hand for a busy day.
Franz Ferdinand – Evil Eye. I have had this on repeat all week.
Have a wonderful Friday and weekend everyone!