There are quite a few options in town for all kinds of free group exercise classes. I’ve made a list here of all the ones I found. If you know of any more, please tell me about them in the comments and I will add them to the list. I hope this helps out any fellow Knoxvillians looking to try something new.
I know that this list doesn’t apply to those outside of Knoxville, but I bet your city has a few options too. Just try searching for “free fitness”, “free workout”, “free exercise class”, etc. plus your city name. Meetup.com usually has some great classes going on too.
· The Glowing Body has several karma (donation) based classes and usually all Sunday classes are donation based.
· Knoxville Beauty Hunters was created by Sarah Van Sickle, a former soccer player for the University of Tennessee and Exercise Science/Kinesiology major. She leads free bootcamp style classes around Knoxville six days a week.
· Lululemon hosts free yoga classes on Saturdays at their downtown showroom.
· Crossfit Ktown has a free class on Saturdays at 10am.
· The 865 Fit Club lists a ton of great Beachbody (Insanity, P90x, T25, ChaLean, Les Mills, etc.) group classes on their Meetup page.
· If running is more your thing, there’s the Dirty Bird Trail Runners, Runners Market weekly group runs, and Knox Moms Run This Town.
· SOTH Zumba has a free class on Saturdays at 9am.