Tag Archives for Friday Food Finds
I’ve brought Friday Food Finds back this week! I never got much feedback on these posts so I wasn’t sure if anyone found them useful, but I’m going to start them up again so I can keep track of recipes I’d like to make. I’ll start it off with a couple of recipes I’ve actually already made this week that turned out really well.
I’ve done a bit of baking this week and everything was actually edible.. heck, it was even good! And even though I’m trying to majorly cut back on sugar, these two recipes from Post Punk Kitchen were totally worth it.
I’ve posted the nutrition info I created using the Daily Plate but keep in mind that my count may be a little off- like the cookie recipe says it makes 16 cookies, yet I only got 11 cookies out of it because I made them on the larger side.
• I made these chocolate chip cookies earlier in the week and they were just perfect. They looked like a cookie (which I have a hard time achieving) and had no super crazy ingredients besides maybe tapioca flour, but that’s not crazy to me anymore. I was happy to use up a little of the bag I had bought a few months back. If you make these and use the Daily Plate and want to track these or just want to know the nutrition info on these you can see that here.
• The cookies were good but these pumpkin pie brownies were just amazing. The recipe wasn’t too hard and in just a couple of hours I had the best vegan brownie that combined two of my favorite things- chocolate and pumpkin. You have to make these! The Daily Plate/nutrition info on these is here.
Here are a few recipes that I haven’t tried yet, but look really great!
• I can’t wait to try all of these eggplant recipes from Kiss My Broccoli! I bought an eggplant a few weeks ago and it ended up going bad in the fridge because I just didn’t know what to do with it, but now I’m prepared when I pick one up on my next shopping trip.
• Doesn’t this dark chocolate almond butter recipe from Oh She Glows look amazing?! It looks so smooth and chocolately. Mmm!
• When it’s cold out all I want to eat is warm, comforting food and soup is perfect. This pumpkin tortilla soup from The Kitchn sounds perfect to make on a night when you’re staying in and relaxing at home.. which will hopefully be this weekend for me :]
What recipes have you made this week or are looking forward to making?
I hope you all have had a wonderful week. I have, but I’ve gotta admit that I’ve been slacking a bit. I only worked out twice this week and even made a trip to Taco Bell the other night. Say what?! But tomorrow is a new day and I will get back on track for sure. We have no food in the house so expect a big grocery haul on Sunday! I’m looking for new recipes before I head to the grocery store so let me know any good ones you’ve come across!
Here are a few good ones I have found:
• A girl I work with gave me this recipe for Tofu Tortilla Soup. I made this one last night so I can vouch for how good and filling it is! We added avocado on top.. it’d be great with Greek yogurt too but we were out :[
• Bonzai Aphrodite shows how to make Multi-Nut Butters with just your food processor. So simple! I’ll be trying this out over the weekend for sure.
• These lil’ Chocolate Cake Donuts look so good! These would be fun to bring along to holiday dinners.
• I have an eggplant hangin’ out in my fridge and I’m not really sure what to do with it. I’ve actually never cooked an eggplant before.. kinda embarrassing, huh? This Eggplant Chips recipe looks interesting and I think I may have to try it out.
Have a great weekend full of fun & good food!
• These Pumpkin Pie Bars are calling my name. I definitely want to try these out this weekend. It will help get rid of some of the canned pumpkin I have hoarded in my pantry :]
• I came across this recipe for a Mexican Tortilla Pie and it sounds delicious and easy!
• This Minestrone Soup from Martha Stewart sounds simple to make.. I’d be subbing the chicken broth for veggie of course! :]
• Um, Chocolate Nutella Cookies?! My goodness.. sounds too good!
• This vegan Mocha Almond Cake is so pretty and looks so good! I’d love to try making it sometime.
What are you planning on making this weekend? Any good recipes to share? Have a wonderful weekend!
Well, another week is ending and I am so ready for the weekend! Tonight I’ll be carving pumpkins with the family and buying huge bags of candy for our massive amounts of trick-or-treaters (I hope!).
Here are a few recipes I found throughout the week that looked so good I had to share. Have you found anything good that you’re thinking of making this weekend?
• Alisa’s Garden posted a Butternut Squash Soup recipe that looks so good. I love spicy soups and the photos are gorgeous!
• I’ve been craving a lot of comforting foods ever since the cooler weather has come in and this Wild Mushroom Soup from A Chow Life looks perfect.
• Speaking of comforting fall foods, don’t Chocolate Chai Cookies sound amazing?! I can’t wait to try these out!
• VegWeb has this Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe that looks pretty easy to make. I might try this one out this weekend!
We went for a walk the other night and it was so beautiful out that I had to share these photos. The color of the sky was so intense and beautiful and the weather was perfect. It gave Pepper a chance a workout too which he definitely needed.. he is so hyper if he doesn’t get his walks in! I love going on walks with Greg and just talking about our day and enjoying each other’s company.. doesn’t get much better :]
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Halloween!
• These Easy Pumpkin Cake Mix Cookies look good & easy. Just how I like it! :]
• Spooky Vegan’s Halloween Sugar Cookies are so cute! I definitely want to try and make these soon.
• This Butternut Squash Pizza looks so, so wonderful! I love all the colors.. looks like Fall! Yum!
Have you found any great recipes that you’re planning to try this weekend? I hope you all have a weekend full of wonderful food and good times! :]